Guides, in general, are freelancers that look for their clients at an individual level or through a guides company or a comercial agency.
Activites are carried out individually or as a group, and can be single day as well as several days or long routes or hikes.
To contact a Guide is useful in order to introduce you to any mountain activity as well as to face a major climbing route, a famous traverse or a prestigious peak, to improve the personal technique or to delegate the logistics of a challenge.
The prices vary depending on the dificulty of the challenge, the number of people and the number of days, and in general, the lodging and transport fees are paid by the client.
When you hire an activity with a professional Guide, the following requests need to be met:
- The Guide has to have the corresponding qualifications. He can certify it with his professional license.
- The activity has to be according to his qualifications. You can check this here.
- Signature of the contract that shows the details of the hired activity.
- The client needs to be insured with an Accident Insurance.
- The Guide and his company have to be in the ‘Turisme Actiu’ register of his Autonomous Community.
The demand of these requests is a guarantee for you as a client and helps the profession to avoid intrusiveness.